Privacy Notice - Selden Mast
Responsible organisation and contact details
Selden Mast AB (“Selden Mast”, “we”, “us”) is responsible (data controller) for the processing of your personal data as described in this privacy notice. We care about our customers and their privacy and undertake to respect and protect your personal data and privacy in accordance with applicable laws, industry rules and other related standards. In order to help you understand the way in which we collect and use your personal information, we have put together this privacy notice. You may always reach out to us with any questions, queries or requests on matters related to our processing of your personal data:
Information we collect about you
It is important to us that you are aware of what information we collect about you and how it is collected. We may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
You may directly or indirectly provide us with information about yourself in connection with your use of our products, services, app and website (seldenmast.com, hereinafter “the Website”) or by any kind of communication with us.
Information we collect in connection with these activities may include: your name, company name, information about how you can be contacted, all necessary information for billing purposes (where applicable) and any additional details you provide to us. We also collect any payment information in connection with a business transaction such as payment method, credit and debit card data (card number, validity date and CVV code), invoice information, bank account number etc. as applicable.
When you use our services we may, in addition to the information you provide to us yourself per above also collect the following information about you and your activity:
- Information about the products/services you purchase from us.
- Device information: such as the IP address, unique device identifier, browser type and language, the server your device is logged into, and the operating system information.
- Your geographical location.
Information about your interactions with us such as how you use our services, including page response times, which content we’ve shown to you, and on which pages, and whether you showed interest in that content by interacting with it, downloads etc. This information is collected in order for us to learn about the communication, you may like or dislike and to improve our services and products.
Our purpose/purposes and legal basis for the processing
The processing of your personal data is necessary for the purpose of being a client due to communication possibilities. We always maintain a record of the assessments we have made to show how we have considered your interests, rights and freedoms as an individual.
The information you provide to us, the information about which products/services you use and purchase as well as your financial information (where applicable), is generally required to enter into a contractual relationship with us.
In addition to the above-mentioned information we may also ask you to provide any other information that may help us to make your visit and our communication to you as effective as possible, for example your personal or professional interests, where you live and so on. This additional information will only be collected by us to the extent you provide us with the information i.e. with your consent.
We use the personal data we collect as follows:
- To register you as a customer;
- To provide you with information, products, or services you request and purchase, and enable billing;
- To optimise your visit of our App, improve your overall experience and provide a better service. for example, by personalising the content to meet your specific needs through the use of Google Analytics and AdWords (please note that you may opt out of such personalised advertisements at any time as described above in this privacy notice).
- For marketing purposes (where applicable) such as market research activities or various promotions via direct marketing. You may reach out to us at any time and request that your data is blocked from being used by us for direct marketing purposes (click on the opt-out link in a marketing email from us or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your credit card details are only used to pay for products you have purchased and are not kept on file for any other reason.
To communicate with you, including to provide customer service; to send service-related messages such as notifications, confirmations, and updates; and to send promotional messages, such as messages relating to new products or services that we think may be of interest to you. When required by law, we obtain your consent before sending you promotional messages. You may opt out of receiving promotional messages as described above.
We take your privacy very seriously. When you sign up for our app or newsletters, you can rest assure that we will not share your email address with any external parties or anyone outside the Selden Mast organisations. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link in one of our newsletters. To unregister from our app, send us an email at email@example.com or use appropriate function in the app.
Our site uses Google Analytics, Facebook pixel and Vimeo to collect user statistics.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we share personal data
Selden Mast will not, without your consent, pass on any information about you to any third party unless required by law to do so, or unless it is necessary in connection with a product or service you have requested or purchased from us.
Our recipients of personal data
Strapi: for internal administration (https://strapi.io/privacy)
Transfers to third countries
We always make sure to process your data within the EU/EEA. Should a situation arise where the data must be processed in and thereby transferred to a destination outside of the EU/EEA by us or one of our suppliers or subcontractors we promise you that we will take all reasonable legal, technical, and organisational measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and with an adequate level of protection compared to and in line with at least the level of protection offered within the EU/EEA.
We will only transfer your personal data to a country, a territory or a sector in a third country if the European Commission has decided that it ensures an adequate level of protection.
We will keep your data as long as you are a customer. This means, inter alia, that we will delete your customer profile in our databases when a user is no longer using our services or when the information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Selden Mast protects your personal data using technical and organisational security measures. To prevent unauthorised access and ensure data accuracy, we only share your personal data within the organisation.
Your right to access
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not we process personal data about you, and, where that is the case, information about:
- the purpose of the processing of your personal data;
- what categories of your personal data we process;
- what personal data we disclose to third parties (the recipients or categories of recipients where applicable);
- the period of time we will store your personal data and the criteria used to determine this period;
- your rights (to erasure, rectification, restriction, objection and your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority).
If you wish to access information about how we process your personal data, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be processed promptly, and within no longer than 30 days. We will provide you with the information free of charge. For any further copies we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee based on our administrative costs for such request. When your request is made electronically, we will provide you with the information in electronic format via email.
Your right to rectification
We make every effort to ensure that all data we process is accurate. If you discover that we have incomplete or inaccurate personal data about you in our records, please let us know and we will complete, or rectify this information immediately.
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data under the following circumstances:
- your personal data is no longer needed for the purpose(s) we collected it for
- you no longer consent to the processing (where the processing relies on your consent as the only legal ground)
- the personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes
- your right as an individual override our legitimate interest to continue the processing of your personal data (where we rely on legitimate interest as the legal ground)
- the processing of your personal data has not been in compliance with applicable law
- the personal data has been processed to offer information society services to a child
We will always erase personal data if needed in order for us to comply with a legal obligation.
If we refuse your request to erasure, we will provide you with information regarding our ground(s) for such refusal. This decision will not deprive you as an individual to make a complaint regarding our decision at the European Data Protection Board or seek to enforce the erasure through a judicial remedy.
Your right to restrict processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data:
- for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data where you have objected to the processing or contested the accuracy of it;
- where the processing is unlawful, and you have opposed to the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of its use instead; or
- where we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but are required by you to keep the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
If we restrict the processing of your personal data per above, we will still store the data but not use it other than: (i) with your consent; (ii) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; (iii) for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or (iv) for reasons of important public interest of the EU or of a Member State.
The right to data portability
Where we process your personal data by automated means with your consent as the legal basis or for the performance of a contract you have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
The right to object
If you object to our processing of your personal data, including profiling, based on the purpose of being a customer we will cease the processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds. We may also continue with the processing activity if it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If our purpose for the processing is direct marketing, we will immediately cease with such processing upon receiving a request to objection from you per above.
Questions and complaints
We hope that the above information is useful for you and provides you with clarifications on why and how we process your personal data. If you have questions about the processing of your data, please feel free to contact us: email@example.com. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data.
This privacy notice was last updated on 2023-03-27.